Our TantrumCon goals:
The board game industry runs on networking. It’s so critical to get out of one’s hole and talk to other designers and to players. We believe that games should build community, and should be designed within community. It’s hard to be creative if you’re alone.
- Meeting as many game devs as we can. Can’t wait to be inspired and energized by spending time around people trying to do the same thing. Sharing our passion for games with other likeminded folks is always worth the trip.
- Play some amazing games — Coart & Lori have scheduled game sessions to play Viticulture, Pulsar 2849, Rising Sun, and Parks.
- Play-test our game in development, Sisters & Spirits.
Our play-testing goals for Sisters & Spirits:
- Uncover any weaknesses in the two core mechanics that drive the game: exploration (phase 1) and tower defense (phase 2).
- Monitor the level of down-time each player experiences while the other side is taking their turn. At the moment, it feels like individual turns might be taking too long.
- Tweak the power balance for the two sides. All of our play-tests to this point have resulted in very close games, almost too close. We’re wondering if we need to punch up the asymmetry of the Sisters vs Spirits powers and move options to make things more exciting for both sides.
- Test some ideas for Last Girl Standing, the power-up that the final Sister receives once she is the remaining human in the house.
We’re hopeful that we can release a Print & Play version of Sisters & Spirits later this spring to allow anyone who’s interested to give us feedback. But that’s a post for another time….
See you in February, Spartanburg!